BABIES MUSIC Class
Newborns through 8 months
Why should I join Babies music classes?
Give your baby the best start to their lifelong musical journey.
You might be wondering what your newborn could possibly take away from a music class and how old they need to be before they can benefit.
At The Rhythm Tree we believe it’s never too early to expose babies to group music making and musical play. Your little one is a natural-born music-maker, hardwired to start learning music at birth!
In these music classes you’ll learn a lot of fun songs and musical activities for babies. You’ll also learn to recognise which of your baby’s behaviours are musical, so that you can support their development at the time when their brain is at its most receptive.
You are your baby’s first and best teacher. When you sing in the car and dance in the living room, you are showing your baby how to make music and that making music is important in your family. That’s all your baby needs from you – musically at least!
Singing and dancing with your baby is a beautiful way for the two of you to bond. And making music with other parents of newborns is also a great way to connect and make new friends in your community with other grown ups who may be in the same boat as you!
This class is specifically for babies and their carers only. For those who wish to attend classes with babies and older children together, see Mixed Age classes.
Babies music classes run for 40 minutes and are taught by Rebecca, who is a trained music therapist and Music Together teacher. She is highly skilled, warm, empathic and adept at maximising fun, engagement and learning – for babies and grown ups alike!
You can choose between:
- in-person classes (12:30 Thursdays at Ceres in Brunswick East) or
- online classes (11:30am Wednesdays).
As part of your enrolment, you and your baby will receive a new Music Together song collection in high res digital audio with a beautifully illustrated songbook and CD every 13-week trimester.
You also gain access to our Facebook group – The Family Tree House, a safe space where teachers post original content and our families connect, gain inspiration and share stories about joyful music making at home. Videos and mini classes are also accessible via our website for families who don’t use Facebook.
We offer a flexible booking system – so if you can’t make it to class one week – you can book a make-up class pending availability.
1st Trimester: 1 February to 15 May
Bells song collection
2nd Trimester: 17 May to 28 August
Triangle song collection
3rd Trimester: 30 August to 11 December
Fiddle song collection
Your baby will learn through play and discovery ...and by watching you and other role models around them
$94 a month
Can be paid per trimester ($376) or for whole year ($1,128)
1st trimester payments: January, February, March, April
2nd trimester payments: May, June, July, August
3rd trimester payments: September, October, November, December
On registering all new families receive a FREE registration pack (normally valued at $30)
- Music and your Child – a parent’s guide book
- Musical growth chart
- Egg shaker/s
- Rhythm Tree tote bag
- Free ticket to our special event each trimester (Family boogie, singalong or concert)
Fees & inclusions:
For $94 a month you will receive:
- Weekly face-to-face 30 minute classes with Rebecca
- A new Music Together song collection in high res digital audio and CD and beautiful colour-illustrated songbook every 13 weeks
- Access to our vibrant online community – The Family Tree House
- Regular live mini classes on The Family Tree House
- Recorded videos from our teachers focused on musical crafts, songs, games, drumming activities, lullabies, musical story times and more!
- Videos and mini classes also accessible via our website for families who don’t use Facebook
- Online resources via the Hello Everybody App and Family Music Zone
- Family ticket to a special event each trimester (e.g. Family boogie, singalong or concert)
Twins can attend for the price of one
for additional siblings attending same weekly classes & sharing the same resources
Attend both online and in-person class
- $40 off monthly ie. $54 for 2nd class.
Attend both a babies class and and a family class
- $20 off monthly ie. $74 for 2nd class.